Monday, February 28, 2011

Some Words.






"He climbed the high mountain,
He captured the enemy and seized the booty,
He handed it all out in gifts to men."
(the message)

"And when He ascended on high, Words
He led captivity captive,
and gave gifts to men.
(NKJV)

I told you a little while ago that I love to read. Born from that is a love of words.
Beautiful, flowing, poetic.
I love to savor the way they roll in my mind,
how a few simple words can evoke such emotion.

The words above, from Ephesians, have been tumbling around in my mind for a few days.
Just popped into my head...
or were lovingly placed there.

I can feel them going deep.
I can feel things been rooted up and tossed to and fro.

He took captivity captive.
Ruminate on that.
What does that look like? How does that feel?

Liberating. Hopeful. Amazing.

So I sit, I think, I ponder, I pray.

Oh God, take my captivity.
Take it captive to Your goodness, your truth.
Set me free.

A gift, indeed.

1 comment:

susanna said...

AMEN!