Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Conversations with the Kids


I have the funniest kids.
Ever.
Other people think they are funny too. Or so I've been told.

I've determined that communicating with kids is a lot like speaking a different language.
Each kid, their own dialect!
Sometimes, however, it doesn't matter how long I have spent immersed in their world, their language, their customs...
I still get lost. Really lost.
Don't beleive me?

Here's a fairly recent convo. with Mr. Micah.


M: "Mom, can I do it?"

Me: "Do what, Micah?"

M: "So, I can?"

Me: "No. What do you want to do?"

M: "You mean, I can?"

Me: "Micah. Tell me what you want to do, then I'll answer you."

M: "I don't"

Commence playing happily....

Thinking I need to brush up on my skills.

Hoping you all are enjoying today, without too many communication fails. :)

No comments: