The not knowing when we would get "the call" that we had a court date was hard. But easy. In a weird way. It's not often that I can rest, in peace, and know that God is in control. Should be easy, I know. Cause, let's be real, I suck and being God and making God sized plans. He is WAY better at it. For real. But in this instance, with these precious little girls, I feel I,we,have been given an extra measure of grace and peace. I know HE knows the plans He has for us, and that I so very much do not think His thoughts or understand His ways. Good thing!
So, back to "the call!" We received an email last Wednesday that we were assigned a court date. YES!!! We are to appear before the judge on June 7th. Which means that we need to be in Addis by June 5th, which means we leave on June 3rd....wowza!!! So quick. We need to buy tickets, pack, plan, prepare....inhale....we get to meet our little girls in less than 3 weeks...exhale...perfect, beautiful, unbelievable! I can't even begin to imagine that moment. Part of me is not "going there" yet for fear I would not be able to contain the emotion. To look at them, for them to look at us and know a family. My heart is full.
A lot of people have asked if they can do anything to help us. The biggest, most important thing is prayer. Lots of if. Continually. Seriously, every major development with this adoption has come on the tail end of intense prayer. Like the day after. Every one. I love watching His hand work!
Specifically, we are asking for prayer for:
* Grace and protection for our kids while we are gone. We've never gone away together and left the kids for more than one night. I think there is a bit of anxiety on both ends...ours and theirs! Mac is very attached to me right now, and I SOOO don't want this to be a traumatic experience for him.
* Grace and wisdom and more grace for Jason's INCREDIBLE parents who are coming here to watch the kids for a WHOLE week. That's big, folks. Really big. Pray for them to have an easy time, for the kids to adapt well and w/out incident. And for many many many blessings to be showered on them!
* Easy travel for Jason and I. We are still looking/shopping for tickets. They are not cheap. It would be great to find a good deal with few connections on a plane that is safe!!
* G, the littler twin, has some health issues. She's still very small, among other things. The docs are doing a great job and working with her to gain weight. We'd love to see her fatten up and be healthy. So thankful the the Great Physician knows her and loves her way more than I could ever imagine!
* Provision. We have been insanely blessed with gifts and funds to this point. But we still need about $1500 for our agency fees, and then about 5K more for travel for this first trip. I know God can and will provide. He's got it...the cattle on a thousand hills...yeah, they belong to Him. Please join us in praying and believing that the funds will be there. If you want to donate, there's a cute little button just under the vine thingy on the left. :)
Thanks to all of you for the prayers and support throughout this journey. and thanks for reading, even though the posts are few and far between!! Many, many blessings to you all!!!