Saturday, June 07, 2008
A Crazy Little Thing Called...Motherhood
There are times that, in my mind, I know I am ridiculously blessed, but I do not show it or really feel it. Many times I find myself feeling overwhelmed and frustrated and, honestly, sorry for myself. Even just writing that statement, I am ashamed that such an attitude could enter into my spirit. I have been trying and praying and trusting and winning and failing and trying again to have an eternally minded perspective concerning this place that I am in. This place of laundry and laughter, dishes and uncertainty, diapers and delight, triumphs and fears. Many times I am on "Mommy" Cloud 9 - others I wonder how we are going to survive the next 18 years (give or take a few). Should I go ahead and make appointments at Elijah House now for when they are adults? It is a crazy ride.
But, in the midst of this crazy ride, God has been so faithful to point out many blessings...little things that make it all worth while. Here are a few of the little "kisses" God has brought me from My kids recently, things that I love!
* I love that on my windowsill sits a vase with A LOT of dandelions in it...gifts from a very special little boy!
* I think it is amazing that my four and five year olds know how to play chess...and quite well!
* My climbing rose bush in the back yard is completely bare of petals...up to Kylie's height!
* I love that my girls come out and spin around for their daddy and say "Am I beautiful?"
* I love that Caleb is SOOOO happy that Micah and finally play cars with him.
* I love that I rarely am in need of entertainment...my four munchkins are hilarious!
* I walked in the other day and Kylie and Caleb were singing opera to each other...precious!
* I love that dreams and visions are a common discussion topic in the morning - my kids are such dreamers and seers.
* Kylie is quite the "air guitar" player!
* Caleb was totally dancing in church yesterday - the man has moves!
* I love that they are somewhat addicted to "Fire Tunnels!"
I know this list is short and very uncomprehensive, - I could probably (and might) write a book about the way God showers us with his love in the form of kids...they are an amazing gift, a blessing beyond compare. Even in the midst of personal struggles and triumphs, in the midst of overwhelming odds - He is on our side! If God is for us (for my family), really, who could ever stand against us?!?!?