Tuesday, March 11, 2008

God and Aliens



So here was the conversation in the car earlier today:

Me: I think we might go outside a play a little today

Kylie: It's way too windy

Caleb: yeah

Kylie: Jesus prayed and the wind stopped, maybe we can do the same

Me: That would be a great idea

Kylie/Caleb: (indistinct praying) Amen.

Caleb: it's still really windy - maybe God is up too high to hear you

Me: No, God can hear and see you wherever you are and he can hear everyone at the same time - isn't that cool?

Caleb: How can he do that?

Kylie: Maybe he is like an alien and has a thousand eyes and a million ears...

7 comments:

a woman who is said...

he is like an alien and has a thousand eyes and a million ears...

That is a way cool description of God, Kylie!

Nikki said...

I love the comments your kids make and I love that you share them with everybody.

Nadine said...

An alien...that is hilarious.

EM said...

The insights into a childs thoughts are priceless! Thanks for sharing your wonderful children with us!

Jen(n) said...

too cute! I love all the pictures. My favorite Caleb saying is still: Mom you have a lot of kids!

Strider said...

A guy that works for us is agnostic, but currious. He was saying that aliens probably planted us here. He says this stuff to get to me! But on this occasion, I said, "Yes, I believe an Alien did plant us here". He looked at me kind of funny, and I continued, "God is an alien. He isn't like us!" Long story short, that got him to thinking!

Tabitha said...

They have the cutest conversations.